Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday Threes.

One.
 I've heard Nancy Pearl on NPR. She's been a librarian for years and her book reviews always make me think "oh, I've got to read that book!" If you've struggled with finding books you like, pick up Book Lust. I saw it at Costco in December and quickly put it on my Christmas List.  Book Lust organizes books into over 175 lists (biographical novels, coming of age books, cold war spy novels, etc. etc.) Now I have too many things to read!


Two.
I've already shared how much I love Friday Night Lights here. Well, the final episode aired last night on DirectTV. Big sigh. NBC has committed to begin showing the fifth and final season on April 15th. And in a weird twist, season 5 will be released on DVD 10 days earlier. Oh NBC, you are such an odd duck...


Three.
I'm in the process of framing several pieces of art. I wanted to do the framing myself because having it professionally done can quickly cost a bundle. I've looked at Ikea frames but they weren't the right size. Michael's selection of wall frames left me wanting more. Thankfully, Aaron Brothers is located across the parking lot from Michael's. Aaron Brothers has a great selection of frames; I felt like I had many options that would work. I love that they have 40-50% off coupons all the time. My only complaint is that the coupons apply to regular priced merchandise and my local Aaron Brothers does a very poor job of marking which frames are on sale and which aren't. Every frame I brought up to the cashier ended up already being on sale so I couldn't use my coupon. It was more than a little frustrating.

No comments: