The month of August wasn't a super exciting month but it gifted us with:
- The end of Nate's swim lessons, followed by 3 weeks of "nothing" before school started. Nate told people he was "on a break."
- Nate's first day of Pre-K. We love his teachers!
- Chelsea saying her first word ("dolly").
- A new living room rug.
- Hot weather finally arrived in SoCal. Boo.
- Nate's first blood draw -- 3.5 vials -- to confirm tree nut/peanut allergies. Maybe I'll write a separate post on this. Or maybe I won't because it depresses me.
- A much needed haircut for yours truly.
- A birthday photo session for Nate that was about 3 weeks late. I'm in a constant state of lateness these days.
|The world would be a happier place if more adults ate dried cereal with empty Zappos boxes on their heads. |
That's what Nate thinks, anyway.
|My bathing beauties. This was Chelsea's first time swimming. She liked it!|
|I didn't realize it until I was looking in Nate's closet|
that I bought him 4 plaid shirts in the span of 2 months (2 new, 2 thrifted). Weird.
|One Saturday morning, Nate I went out for doughnuts and then I took his picture to mark his 5th birthday. I took about 75 pictures and maybe 10 of them turned out. Thank goodness for digital cameras!|
|New living room rug alert (if you can take your eyes off the cuteness).|
|He loves to jump from the diving board but isn't thrilled about swimming in 3 feet of water. |
Is that a boy thing??
|We've enjoyed our subscription to Kiwi Krate. They ship us 2 craft/science projects |
every month for a small fee. We made sea animals this month.
First day of school. Boy, it was hot!