Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Carrie Bradshaw Would Eat Here

Our office went out to lunch yesterday to celebrate a coworker's birthday.  I normally can't spare the time away from my desk but because 1-2 cool restaurants open every week Downtown and I was feeling a little out of the office-commeraderie loop, I really wanted to squeeze this lunch into my tight schedule.  


So at 11:30am the five of us headed down the street and within three blocks we were at Bottega Louie.   This is a really cool restaurant!!  The vibe reminds me of something you'd see in NYC or Paris.  It's been open a couple months now in a large space that used to be a Brooks Brothers clothing store.  The old details remain -- high ceilings, crown moulding, display windows, etc.



The menu is a mix of comfort food and trendy items.  My salad was yummy and I also got to taste Claudia's pizza and Joanne's garlic fries.  Yum!  That may have been the best pizza I've ever had -- fresh ingredients and melt in your mouth crust win out every time.


The take-out portion of the restaurant is very cute and the bread/dessert area will make your mouth water.  Beautiful cupcakes and a rainbow of macaroons are in the very front when you walk in.  


My only complaint is that with all of the marble surfaces, the restaurant is very noisy.  I really had to concentrate to hear what was being said at my table.  That's the only drawback tho'.  I can't wait to go back for dinner or breakfast (served only on the weekends).


Check-out their website: www.boteggalouie.com


i got 6 on it
Photos by jslander at Flickr

No comments: