Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday Threes.

I'm going to try and post regularly every Thursday. Thursday Threes will highlight three things on my mind -- books, music, news items, and other randomness. I'll include recently discovered favorite items and things I've long enjoyed. So, here we go:

One.
I'm loving all of the Cylamens I've seen around town. I've spotted them at the bank, at the gas station and I'd love to spot them in my front yard! I think I'll be doing a little planting this weekend. Our weather will be lovely on Saturday (sorry Midwest!!). They're the perfect Valentine's Day flower.

Two.
Dry, cold weather has left my skin looking, well, blah. So a week ago I started using Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer. Presto chang-o! A tiny hint of color on my face - yippee! There's a Jergens product designed specifically for your face but I'm too lazy to buy 2 products so I'm using this body moisturizer on my body and face. So far I haven't experienced any breakouts but we'll see what happens as I continue to use it every couple of days.

Three.
Do you know what thru-hiking is? I didn't either until I started reading AWOL on the Appalachian Trail. This isn't a book I would normally read as I'm not, shall we say, athletically inclined. But when I read a review of the book on my Kindle homepage I thought I would give it a try. Wow, thru-hiking is fascinating! The book's author quit his day job to hike the Appalachian Trail -- it covers 14 states, 2100 miles, and takes 5-6 months to complete (and, yes, he left his wife and kids at home!). While I would love to see America by foot, I think I'll leave thru-hiking to people like David Miller. I enjoy a hot shower and my comfy bed a little too much to partake in this particular sport. But reading about it is sure fun!

1 comment:

lindybasenji said...

Aaron wants us to try hiking "portions" of the AT at a time. We would start with the 7 day Georgia portion. I'm not sure how we will do this . . . since we don't hike more than a few hours at a time these days. But we'll see. Especially since he DOESN'T want to leave me at home.