Friday, November 12, 2010

Miranda

One of my mom's closest friends has a new granddaughter and, since I've been itching to do a little sewing, I decided to finally tackle the Black Apple doll. So let me introduce Miranda:


I love that the photo doesn't reveal any of her flaws. Oops, did I just say that out loud? Scratch that.  For this sewing novice, she wasn't too difficult to make. I figure I learn something with every project  I attempt so that's a good thing. I am a little disappointed in how her face turned out; I'm a lousy artist. Lee recommended leaving her face blank like a true rag doll and I'm now kicking myself for saying "Silly Lee, she HAS to have a face!" 

Anyway, I named her Miranda because I was watching Miranda Lambert on the CMA Awards this week as I finished sewing her up. Now, I'm sure you're wondering why I'd call her Miranda if there's an "L" on her dress. That would be for Louise, her soon-to-be playmate. So Miranda will soon be relocating to Orange County -- we'll miss her around here. But she got me thinking about how I could adjust the doll pattern to make a boy doll for Nate or make cute little Christmas elves. I'm leaning toward the elves...

3 comments:

Jen said...

She turned out SUPER CUTE! I love the sleeves :) And I think her face is adorable. You're too hard on yourself.

Did Nate show any interest in what you were making? Elves or a monkey would be fun for boys :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Louise will love it!
- Nate's Gramma

Jeff and Mindy said...

I think her face is cute!