Sunday, August 1, 2010

Centerpiece Shake-Up

Clearly I have a thing for table centerpieces (see here and here).  I'm guessing it's because our dining room is small and on the sparse side and I like having something "pretty" in that room.  Plus, Nate makes us chase him around the table numerous times EVERY day -- who wants to run around a plain table??  Bor-ing. 

As much as I love my Ikea cake stand and it's endless possibilities as a centerpiece, I was ready for a change.  So I followed this post from Lemon Tree Creations (very clever ladies!) and created this:

Basically, I removed the pictures and mat from a rectangular frame that was collecting dust in the garage, painted it white, and lined the inside with a piece of scrap fabric.   To protect the table, I  stuck small, round felt pads on the bottom of each frame corner.   It's been fun to gather leaves, herbs, etc. from our yard and see how they all come together in an assortment of glass containers and vases.

5 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

Love this! I could see a lot of ways to do this! Awesome!
Sherry

Jen said...

What fabric did you use? It looks so pretty!

Anonymous said...

This idea is fabulous!!! You have given me the perfect idea for what I felt was "missing" every time I looked at my table!
lifeofperks.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This idea is fabulous!!! You have given me the perfect idea for what I felt was "missing" every time I looked at my table!
lifeofperks.blogspot.com

susan said...

Fabulous!This looks amazing!This is such a great blog post! Appreciating the hard work you put into your site.It’s awesome blog.
http://all4payday.com