Monday, March 15, 2010

Dr. Oz Would Not Approve

We certainly don't eat out as often as we used to now that Nate is a part of our lives but within the last year we have occasionally enjoyed exploring the bevy of restaurants, take-out joints, etc. that Burbank has to offer.  Sadly, most of what we've discovered has been VERY bad for our health: Phillie cheesesteaks at Phillie's Best, cupcakes at Sprinkles, chicken teriyaki at Yaki's, to name a few (I imagine there are "healthy" alternatives but, get real, we're not going to go there!)  Now we've discovered a new candy and soda shop.  Yes, you read that right.  It carries old fashioned candy and current favorites (even international stuff) and thousands of glass bottled soda.  A few weeks ago we picked up a random selection of six to do our own taste test.  This one was my favorite:

We were told Faygo is big in the Midwest.  Rock & Rye was like a cherry-flavored cream soda.  Thank goodness we split the bottle as it has a whopping 46 grams of sugar.  Ugh.  And now I've discovered that The Habit will be opening up only 1/2 mile from our house.  Best. Burger.  Ever.  Seeing that "Habit Coming Soon" banner is both bad and good -- I am SO excited but I also know it means I might have to give in to elastic waistband pants (and maybe medicine for my clogged arteries).  If I keep drinking Faygo I won't have any teeth left to eat my Habit burger so I guess I better give that up.    

No comments: