Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wardrobe Malfunction

It's vital that all members of the Cook Household show their support for our favorite sports teams.  There's a lot of blue and gold in this house (Go Bruins!) and a lot of black and gold (Go Saints!).  So it's only fitting that just after Chelsea was born, I purchased this onesie:



I loved that it was over-the-top girlie and would look super cute next to Lee in his Drew Brees jersey.  The tag says "0-6 months."  It looked pretty big and I kept eying it in the closet and waiting for the perfect moment for Chelsea to wear it.  Of course, this has been a depressing season for the Saints but it's still Chelsea's first football season so she was going to wear it regardless.  Last weekend after watching numerous playoff games, I grabbed the onesie and decided this was the moment.  Oh, yes, this was the moment....see for yourself:



Um, not quite what I had in mind.  I could barely get it on one arm and then I thought I'd have to cut it off of her.  Ruffles on onesies do not stretch.  Like, not an inch.  It was so sad.  So I took it off and that was the end of my girlie Saints onesie.  Back to the drawing board...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too funny!

Jen said...

Sounds like the ruffles should have been sewn on with elastic thread :) How about saving it for one of Chelsea's dolls?