Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday Threes.

One.

My new addiction. They're like a Junior Mint but in reverse. I love you, mints. 


Two.
March Madness is here, baby! Who's got basketball fever? Me! And Nate -- he puts his clothes in the laundry basket every night with a slam dunk move*. Will my Bruins go all the way? We'll see. There's pivotal games tonight and this weekend. If you're a Bruins fan (and I know there are a few of you out there), check out Bill Plaschke's column here from last Sunday's Times. It'll warm your heart and bring a tear to your eye.

*Lee does not participate in basketball fever. He takes issue with college jocks getting a "free ride." My opinion -- Lee just needs to get over it. I'm tired of his whining ;)

Three.

#3 is something that's been on my mind lately.....how do we balance the good and bad on the Internet? Good: I can watch streaming live video of people demonstrating for equality. I can smile at a video of a baby hysterically laughing at ripped paper. I can discover new blogs that help me make healthy muffins or teach me to sew or open my mind to new ideas in my walk with the Lord. Bad: I can read the agonizing words of a mother who just lost her daughter to SIDS. I  can visit an online journal for a baby born prematurely due to his mother's death in a car crash. Cancer, strokes, earthquakes, rape, you name it. All of it can weigh so heavily on your heart. My heart. I pray for all of these people but there are moments when I feel the sadness is too much. Does anyone else feel this way?

No comments: