Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Garden 2011

I'm wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals today. Yes, it's a lovely 80 degree day in SoCal. This isn't typical -- we usually have mild weather in January but nothing like this. I'm enjoying it very much but it does play with your mind a little. I have to remind myself that this does not mean that Spring is around the corner. We'll probably see more rain and chilly nights in the coming months. In the meantime, I can't help but daydream about planting some more herbs and flowers in the backyard. Do you remember our sunflowers from 2 years ago? Check them out here. I'm going to order a variety of sunflower seeds from Baker Creek this year and plant them along our fence. I'm excited to try some different kinds and see what pops up. Baker Creek, incidentally, is amazing. If you plant tomatoes or flowers or anything else, you've got to check out their catalog. After looking at the beautiful pictures and reading the seed descriptions, trust me, you'll want to tear up your yard and create a massive garden. I would -- but I don't think my landlady would appreciate that ;-)

No comments: