Friday, October 1, 2010

Pillow Talk

New pillows in the living room.  Both soft and squishy.  Both thrown all over the house by a little boy named Nate.  One pillow made of $9 fabric purchased at Joann's.  The other, made out of an 88-cent dishtowel from Ikea.  Which is which??? :)

Okay, you got me....I love the red stripes of the dishtowel.  I had to double up my stitches on each side of the pillow because, obviously, a dishtowel is a very loose weave and it started to unravel right away.  Consider that my tip to you.  The "Cook" comes courtesy of an iron-on I printed on my inkjet. 

Here's a close-up of said pillow and dishtowel #2 -- what should I do with this one??

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the monogram name decor thats been going around- I can't believe you made that pillow out of dish towels! So cute!!

-Kendall
{songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is just so cute! I bought a bunch of those dishtowels last year at Christmas thinking I would do something with them and they are still sitting in a drawer. Cute idea!

xox
Jen

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Ps - I shared it on my TT&J FB page and linked to you :)

xox
Jen

Jen said...

Way cute! I especially like the iron on name.

As for what to do with the other one? I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Amy @ Chicy-Creations said...

Love how these turned out!

Cathy said...

I love the COOK pillow, so simple but so cute!!