Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We {heart} Spanish Doughnuts!

After approximately six months of not putting any new foods in his mouth, Nate decided he had to partake in this treat as I was leaving Costco:

That's right, a churro.  One of the greatest things on God's green earth, in my opinion.  I'm so proud of my little boy.  He practically yanked it out of my hand and stuffed it in his mouth and then ate a good 3/4 of my churro (which, if you've seen Costco churros, those things are pretty big).

As a side note, I'm so over the sippy cups he's been using for the last year or so because they eventually leak all over my floors, so we introduced a new sippy cup this morning.  At breakfast it was thrown (hard) against the floor with lots of tears.  BUT after consuming that huge churro, he had no choice but to drink out of it at lunch and now loves it.  Thank you churro!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yep, donuts just make this world a better place :) Congrats to Nate for TWO big accomplishments yesterday! And hopefully you'll have fewer spills to clean up now!

Tammy said...

I agree Donuts are awesome! Churro's are great!! So after letting Nate have most of your churro, you did get another one, right? LOL Glad he is moving onto the new sippy cup. Slowly but surely they get there, you just have to be consistent and persisent if you can be.