Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Lightbulb Just Came On

I discovered a couple new things today:

1) I cannot arrange flowers.  In the past, I'd blame it on the fact that I didn't have the right size vase.  Wrong.  I now have a plethora of vases -- I just don't have a talent for arranging flowers and I'm willing to accept this fact now.  So when I have a dinner party in the future, I'll be purchasing a nice orchid plant for the center of the table.

2) Bumblebee tuna is not the same as Starkist.  We made tunafish sandwiches for lunch and the Bumblebee tuna was, without going into too many details, yucky.  And to add insult to injury, the top of the can "exploded" and tuna ended up all over my t-shirt.  Said t-shirt has left a lovely odor in my laundry room.  Can't wait to smell that tomorrow morning over breakfast....

3) It's difficult trying to convince a 10-month old that spitting (spraying!) a mouthful of food is unacceptable.  Despite my serious face, he thought it was fun to eat, talk, and spit at the same time.  

4) Men can change.  Case in point -- Lee used the Dustbuster to clean the crumbs out of the oven.  (Hey, I don't question the method -- the fact that he cleaned the bottom of the oven is enough for me).

No comments: