Can't tell you how thrilled I am that when I look at Nate and say "smile" he actually gives me a beautiful toothy grin. What a love.
Other developments in The World According to Nate:
- New favorite word: "that" -- repeated over and over and over. With pointing.
- Still loves looking at books and hugging his stuffed animals, especially "Tiger."
- Walking!! Prefers we hold his right hand when he walks. And only on his toes.
- One day, he's a great eater. The next, he only wants crackers and fruit.
- We'll say "no touch" and he responds mischeviously, "touch??"
- Cries if we don't go visit Auntie Ruth (his great-great Aunt) every day.
- Loves/fears the neighbors' cat, Chip.
- Dances on command....it's a bobbing up-and-down kinda dance.
- If you're not careful, he'll quickly pull his dirty diaper over his head while you're changing him. Eww.
- Says "dad" or "da." No "mama" yet.
- Still terrified of the vacuum and DustBuster.